What’s a digital leader?
In KS2, each class has a pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team. Their role is to support the use of technology across the school. They do a variety of jobs which include:
- Sharing their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Test and review new digital resources (websites, computer software, hardware or apps, microbits, crumbles).
- Lead lunchtime code clubs.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others. Safer Internet assembly is presented to the whole school via an assembly lead by the digital leaders.
- Be responsible for certain maintenance tasks with particular technology. Ensure the laptops are plugged in correctly before storage.