Why do we have a Safety First Team?
Everyone at Leasowes knows that 'SAFETY COMES FIRST'. It is everyone's responsibility to make sure that all of our pupils and staff are safe. We have a number of procedures to ensure that we are safe at school and our Safety First representatives help to make sure that we have a safe environment to work in.
Each class from Years 1 to 6 have a Safety First Representative and they have a number of responsibilities.
- We meet on a regular basis to discuss any issues that might have developed.
- They suggest new ways to ensure we are kept safe.
- They have helped to devise 'child-friendly' class risk assessments.
- They check their own classrooms and cloakrooms are meeting the required standards.
- They keep a checklist against set criteria in their own classes and report back to the Staff on the Safety First Team.