At Leasowes Primary School, we greatly value the importance of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in providing a secure foundation for future learning and development. We aim to ensure that each child has a happy and positive start to their school life in which they can build a foundation for a love of learning.
We seek to provide:
- Quality and consistency, so that every child makes good progress and all children are given the same opportunity to improve on their learning.
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each child and are assessed and reviewed regularly.
- Partnership working between practitioners and parents.
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
The EYFS consists of two Reception classes each with a cohort of 30 children. There is a team to two Reception class teachers and two full time teaching assistants. We also work closely with the Nursery staff in Leasowes Extra.
The EYFS phase leader is: Mrs Bromley
We follow the EYFS curriculum which consists of seven areas of learning:
The ‘Prime’ areas of learning and development are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The ‘Specific’ areas of learning and development are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Below you will find further information about the EYFS curriculum and how it is delivered at Leasowes.